Connect with us

Sport

‘The number is $600m’ – Floyd Mayweather names his price for Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov fights

Published

on

Flamboyant retired boxer, Floyd Mayweather has named his price for his 2020 comeback, demanding $600million to fight UFC stars, Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov.

The undefeated American who last defeated McGregor in a big money fight that saw him made a whopping $300m in August 2017, is set to make a return to action.

Earlier this year,  Mayweather appeared to confirm a rematch with Conor McGregor after sharing a poster of the pair with “Mayweather vs McGregor 2 2020”.

 

 

According to Mirror UK, the flamboyant boxer is working with UFC chief Dana White to decide his rematch with McGregor or a bout with his Russian UFC rival Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Speaking at an event at London’s York Hall, promoted by DKM Promotions, Mayweather said: “Like we talked about on social media, there’s two names right now.

“We talked about the Conor McGregor fight, we talked about the Khabib fight. For myself, the number is $600m. If I’m going to go out there and risk it, it’d have to be worth it.”

“Last time we went from $250m to $300m and hopefully we can break that this year.”

Discussing the first fight with McGregor, which he won by TKO in the 10th round, Mayweather said: “That was a business move,” he said of his first fight with McGregor.

“In the boxing world as of right now, it doesn’t make sense for me to fight any ordinary fighter. I’m a business man. The Conor McGregor fight made sense. If it makes money, it makes sense.

“I don’t fight fighters or compete against competitors that only have cities behind them. If I’m going to fight you, you have to have a whole country behind you.

“The first fight was entertaining. It’s an entertainment business.”

News

Striker Suarez departs Barcelona for Atletico Madrid

Published

on

By

Atletico Madrid have completed the signing of striker Luis Suarez from La Liga rivals Barcelona.

The 33 year old Uruguay international signed a two-year contract with the club on Friday after passing his medical.

The 33-year-old joined Barca from Liverpool in 2014, winning the Champions League title in his first season in Spain.

Continue Reading

Sport

Zidane’s son Enzo set to join African giants Wydad Casablanca

Published

on

By

The 25-year-old midfielder looks poised continue his development with the Stade Mohammed V outfit
Enzo Zidane, the eldest son of Real Madrid legend and manager Zinedine Zidane, is hoping to join Botola Pro 1 side Wydad Casablanca, according to his agent Roberto Carlos.

The midfielder played for Juventus, Liceo Frances, San Jose before joining the Blancos youth team in 2004 and spent 10 years in the academy.

Zidane featured for Real Madrid teams C and B, before he made his first-team debut in 2016 in a Copa del Rey clash against Cultural Leonesa.

Continue Reading

Sport

‘We have just 13 players fit!’ – Guardiola ready to use Man City’s academy players

Published

on

By

The Spanish coach admits the club are short on numbers and he his eager to tap into their talented youth system

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has declared the club only have 13 fit players as he looks to giving their academy players a chance to step up.

A youthful City side beat Bournemouth 2-1 on Thursday in the Carabao Cup with 17-year-old Liam Delap opening the scoring on debut.

Phil Foden set up the opener for Guardiola’s side before sealing the game with a goal of his own in the 75th minute.

Continue Reading

Trending