Thursday, January 21

Tag: electric spark

Fire Guts Presidential Villa’s Store
News

Fire Guts Presidential Villa’s Store

A fire incident occurred at the presidential villa on Thursday June 4 as confirmed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu. Shehu said the fire occurred at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa on Thursday afternoon. He described it as a minor incident and also linked it to an electrical spark. The Presidential spokesperson said;   “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises. Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded."
Fire Razes 23 Shops in Kwara Market
News

Fire Razes 23 Shops in Kwara Market

About 23 shops and goods believed to worth millions of Naira were destroyed in a fire incident yesterday March 17 at Owode market in Offa, Kwara State. The fire reportedly started by 1a.m, however the arrival of firefighters prevented the inferno from spreading to other shops and houses in the vicinity. The Head, Media and Publicity of the Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Hakeem Adekunle who confirmed the incident said it is suspected an electric spark caused the incident. He said; “If not because of the quick intervention of the Fire Brigade, the disaster would have been greater. About 23 shops were affected due to the little delay in reaching out to the Fire Brigade. “The cause of the inferno was suspected to be an electric spark, even though the intelligent team of the s...
Early Morning Fire Kills Mom and Her 2 Kids in River state
News

Early Morning Fire Kills Mom and Her 2 Kids in River state

An early morning fire has reportedly killed a woman and her two children in Abuloma, Port-Harcout, Rivers State. The fire was said to have started as a result of an electric spark around 2a.m, today. The woman and her children were reportedly deep asleep at that moment and were only woken up by the smoke after the fire had engulfed their apartment. Efforts by their neighbours to save them was futile as they had reportedly locked the door from inside. The family eventually passed out from the dangerous smoke they inhaled before being consumed by the fire, witnesses at the scene said.