Tuesday, January 19

Tag: bomb blast

AIT Denies Reporting Release Of Christmas Day Bomber, Kabiru Sokoto
News

AIT Denies Reporting Release Of Christmas Day Bomber, Kabiru Sokoto

Africa Independent Television (AIT) says it did not report the release of the mastermind of a bomb blast in Niger State in 2011 Kabiru Dikko. An alleged social media post by the broadcast station had suggested that Dikko, better known as Kabiru Sokoto, had been released. However, AIT’s parent company Daar Communications in a statement on Wednesday said the purported report is “fake news” as it never reported such. “Our attention has been drawn to the above story on ‘the release of the mastermind of the 2011 bomb blast that occurred in Madalla, Niger state’ purportedly credited to our station AIT,” the management said. “We hereby emphatically dissociate our organisation from the report. It is indeed fake news. Our station never reported such a news item.” Igbere TV recall...
Gas explosion in Abule Ado was caused by too much pressure on pipeline – NEMA
News

Gas explosion in Abule Ado was caused by too much pressure on pipeline – NEMA

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Monday March 16, disclosed that the gas explosion witnessed in Abule Ado community of Lagos State on Sunday March 15, was caused by too much pressure on the pipeline. Southwest Coordinator of the agency, Ibrahim Farinloye debunked claim of the gas explosion being as a result of a bomb blast or Improvised Explosives Devices (IED). Farilonye told newsmen that preliminary security analysis showed that an eight-tonne truck laden with core stone and parked on the pipeline, exerted too much pressure on it. Fuel which escaped from the pipeline after the pressure stayed on overnight, saturated the atmosphere, formed a whitish substance and exploded. Commissioner of Police (CP) in charge of the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Maikudi Shehu...
Femi Adesina Drags The Heck Out Of Nigerian Columnist, Akin Oshuntokun Over His False Claim On Bomb Blast
Politics

Femi Adesina Drags The Heck Out Of Nigerian Columnist, Akin Oshuntokun Over His False Claim On Bomb Blast

The Presidency on Thursday called out a newspaper columnist, Akin Oshuntokun, over  his false claim that a bomb blast had gone off in Maiduguri, Borno, on Aug. 21, killing about 88 people.   Oshuntokun, a public affairs commentator, made the claim when he appeared on Politics Today programme of Channels Television, on Aug. 21 but Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, in a statement in Abuja, condemned the claim, saying no such incident was recorded.   Adesina said, 'on Tuesday, August 21, 2018, Akin Oshuntokun, a chieftain of the stillborn Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM), appeared on Politics Today programme of Channels Television, and made the false claim that a bomb blast had gone off earlier in the day, killing about 88...
16 Years After, Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast Survivor Shares Her Story
News

16 Years After, Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast Survivor Shares Her Story

16 years after the horrific event of January 27, 2002 in the city of Lagos in which the unprecedented twin bomb blast in Ikeja left hundreds dead and many more injured. This lady, Ifeoma was just 4 years old at the time and she survived. Back then her photograph made it to the covers of several national newspapers. Remembering the sad day 19 years after, she wrote, ‘the past is but a story told!! and the future has been written in GOLD. Today mark’s 19 years I escaped death !! It would have been too young to die, But God changed my story (27/1/2002) during the bomb blast that happened in Ikeja cantonment, when I was just 4 years old. that took the lives of millions of souls including that of my kid brother, and left me the only surviving child among all those that were drowned on that ...
Army Officer, 3 Other Soldiers Die In Bomb Blast
Uncategorized

Army Officer, 3 Other Soldiers Die In Bomb Blast

The Army has confirmed that it lost an officer and three soldiers in Borno on Thursday when their patrol vehicle encountered IED buried on the road between Kangarwa and Alagarno village. The Army Spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, confirmed the incident in a statement on Friday, while giving update on troops’ clearance operations in the North-East between Tuesday and Thursday. He said three other soldiers sustained various degrees of injuries, while the patrol vehicle was completely damaged. Usman, however, said three suspected terrorists who planted the explosive and hid themselves had been fished out and neutralised. The army spokesman added that apart from clearance operations, troops stationed at Banki in Borno rendered humanitarian assistance to over 887 Nigerian refugees w...
Bomb Blast Kills Eight On Kenya-Somalia Border
News

Bomb Blast Kills Eight On Kenya-Somalia Border

Eight people, including four children returning to school after Eid celebrations, were killed on Tuesday by a roadside bomb in eastern Kenya near the border with Somalia, police said. “We have eight victims – four children and four police,” a police spokesperson told AFP following the explosion between Mararani and Kiunga, just a handful of kilometres from the border. The blast bore the hallmarks of similar bombings blamed on Shabaab Islamists who have targeted security forces in the past in the region. Seven police officers and a civilian were killed at the end of May when an armoured vehicle drove over a roadside bomb in southeastern Kenya, a week after 14 others died in three similar attacks the group claimed. Across the border, the Al-Qaeda linked extremist group last week ...
Army, Dangote Re-Construct Barracks Destroyed During Ikeja Bomb Blast
News

Army, Dangote Re-Construct Barracks Destroyed During Ikeja Bomb Blast

The families of some troops who were displaced from their barrack during the 2002 bomb blast can heave a sigh of relief​ following the construction of a portion of the barracks by the 9 Brigade of the Nigerian Army and Dangote Foundation. Speaking at the commissioning of the of the nine blocks of eight flats each, at the Alasia quarters of 9 brigade, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen. Tukur Buratai, stated that the request to seek the assistance of well meaning corporate organizations to improve the welfare of troops, particularly at the Ikeja cantonment became necessary , as the requirement was enormous for both the Federal government and the Nigerian army to handle alone. He expressed gratitude to Dangote Group for yielding to the demand when approached, by completing the constructio...
Ariana Grande Returns To The UK Ahead Of Sunday’s Benefit Concert For Victims Of The Manchester Terror Attack
Celebs

Ariana Grande Returns To The UK Ahead Of Sunday’s Benefit Concert For Victims Of The Manchester Terror Attack

Ariana Grande has returned to the UK days after she left traumatized following the terror attack carried out at her concert. The singer returned for a benefit concert for the victims of the terror attack which will hold on Sunday. She landed London Stansted Airport in a private jet at about 7 a.m today. She was accompanied by her father Edward, mother Joan, and boyfriend Mac Miller. The star will be joined by other top artists like Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Take That and Miley Cyrus for the concert which will hold at Old Trafford Cricket Ground. Security has already been tightened around that area and photos show preparation is already underway at the venue. The £40 tickets for the benefit event sold out in less than 20 minutes with more than 10,000 people applying for fre...
Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Coldplay To Headline A Memorial Concert In Manchester On Sunday
Entertainment

Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Coldplay To Headline A Memorial Concert In Manchester On Sunday

A week after a bomb went off killing 22 people in Manchester, Ariana Grande is planning a return to the city. This Sunday, June 4, 2017 the American singer will return to headline a memorial concert for victims of the Manchester terror attacks and she'll be joined by several of her superstar Friends. And very penny of profit from the concert will go to victims of the Manchester bombing. The line-up includes; Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus.  The concert will be held at the Old Trafford cricket ground, with supporting acts like Pharrell Williams, Usher, Take That and One Direction’s Niall Horan.   Greater Manchester police’s chief constable, Ian Hopkins, said plans were being worked out for the singer to stage the concert about a week after the attack, to rai...
Former POTUS Barack Obama Meets Prince Harry To Offer Condolences To Manchester Bomb Attack Victims
News

Former POTUS Barack Obama Meets Prince Harry To Offer Condolences To Manchester Bomb Attack Victims

Prince Harry hosted former U.S. President Barack Obama on Saturday at Kensington Palace, where they discussed the deadly terror attack in Manchester. The former President offered his condolences to the victims and support for those recovering from injuries, Kensington Palace.He tweeted: "Good to see my friend Prince Harry in London to discuss the work of our foundations & offer condolences to victims of the Manchester attack".
People Are Now Getting ‘Bee Tattoo’ To Show Support To Manchester Attack Victims
News

People Are Now Getting ‘Bee Tattoo’ To Show Support To Manchester Attack Victims

Hundreds of people have been queuing at Manchester tattoo parlours to get bee inkings in a show of solidarity after Monday's terrorist attack in the city. One city centre tattoo studio was faced with 800 potential customers on Friday. The Manchester Tattoo Appeal was launched by Stalybridge-based tattoo artist Sam Barber, with those taking part donating £50 to help the families of those killed or injured. Manchester is adorned with the bee emblem, which is a legacy of the city's textile industry. The tattoo appeal was announced shortly after the suicide bomber attack at Manchester Arena on Monday, which left 22 people dead. Molly Rylance, who was at the concert during the attack, was one of the first to get a bee tattoo. She said: "I just thought I wanted it to remember - not what hap...
Piers Morgan Criticises Ariana Grande For Heading Home After Attack
Entertainment

Piers Morgan Criticises Ariana Grande For Heading Home After Attack

Piers Morgan has criticized Ariana Grande for flying back to the USA following the Manchester bomb attack at her show. Ina series of tweets, he said if the queen could visit, the star who the victims paid to see should have visited those injured in the hospital.,and when some twitter users slammed him,he stood by his point.
Bomb Blast In Amaranmati Village, Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead
News

Bomb Blast In Amaranmati Village, Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead

According to Ali Bukar who lives in Maiduguri,there was a bomb blast in Amaranmati village last night.He did not state the number of victims but it appears that lives were lost from the photos.He wrote.... 'BOMB BLAST AT AMARANMATI VILLAGE AT ABOUT 8PM TODAY 24/5/2017'
Moet Abebe Slammed For Asking Nigerians To Pray For Manchester
Lifestyle

Moet Abebe Slammed For Asking Nigerians To Pray For Manchester

Media personality, Moet Abebe came under fire today after she put up a post asking Nigerians to pray for Manchester, following the terror attack which killed 22 at an Ariana Grande concert. Her followers were quick to point out she has never asked them to pray for Maiduguri or Boko Haram victims. She then responded saying all lives matter.
Three Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Killed in Maiduguri Bomb Blast
News

Three Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Killed in Maiduguri Bomb Blast

Three suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers have died in an attempt to attack Muna Garage, Dabarmari and Dusuma villages in Maiduguri metropolis. The incident occurred at about 4:38am on Sunday morning. Only the three suicide bombers all males, were affected by the blast. See the photos below;
List Of Top Nigerians Remanded In Kuje Prison
News

List Of Top Nigerians Remanded In Kuje Prison

In time past, Kirikiri Prison in Lagos used to be the most popular prison in Nigeria but today, Kuje prison in Abuja has undoubtably become more popular than Kirikiri. The reason is not far fetched. This is because the prison has played host and is currently playing host to quite a good number of prominent Nigerian politicians, entrepreneurs, activists, crusaders to mention but a few. Here is a list of prominent Nigerians that has slept in Kuje prison: 1. Olisa Metuh (National Publicity Secretary of PDP) 2. Abba Moro (Former Minister of Interior) 3. Charles Okah (A one time spokesperson of MEND and alleged mastermind of Independence Day Bomb blast in 2010) 4. Nnamdi KANU (Leader of the Indigenous People of Biagra, IPOB) 5. Raymond Dokpesi (Chairman of DAAR communications)...
Pics Of NEMA Officials Evacuating Corpses In Today’s Suicide Bomb Blast In Borno
News

Pics Of NEMA Officials Evacuating Corpses In Today’s Suicide Bomb Blast In Borno

Four female teenage suicide bombers killed two other men ( 6 people dead ) when they detonated explosives at Usmanti along muna Garage road at about 1. 15 am . 16 people who got injured were administered with first aid by rescue workers before being transported to the state specialist hospital and university teaching hospital in Maiduguri Borno state. Photo credit:NEMA North East  
Victim Of Today’s Bomb Blast In Borno Receiving Treatment In Hospital
News

Victim Of Today’s Bomb Blast In Borno Receiving Treatment In Hospital

From the little I could understand from the information shared in Hausa by Jibwis Borno,pictured above is one of the victims of bomb blast receiving treatment at UMTH.Our Hausa readers should please explain more.Below is the Hausa narration of the incident.... 'Hasbunallahi wani'imal wakeel Bomb da Yatashi  dazu da asuba a London  ciki Gwazari  kusa da Daya Daga  Masallataiya  Mu na Jumma'a Allah ya Jarrabi daya Daga Cikin   Dan agajin Mu Mal. Yakubu Izge  Yanzu  haka yana UMTH Yana  Bukatan Adu'a Allah Yabashi  Lafiya'  
Maiduguri Now More Secured Than Lagos, Abuja – Shettima
News

Maiduguri Now More Secured Than Lagos, Abuja – Shettima

Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, has commended the military for the security situation in the state, saying Maiduguri, capital of Borno is now more secured than Lagos and Abuja. The governor said this today in an interview with NAN. He said with the return of peace, his administration would unfold a developmental agenda in the next few months. “Maiduguri is more secured than even Lagos or Abuja. There are 2 million people living in Maiduguri; we celebrated Sallah without any incident,” he said. “By the grace of God, we are poised for a great change. Believe me, in the next couple of months, you will see changes in the fortunes of the people of the state.” Shettima also said that he had abandoned his bulletproof cars, and that only his guests who are afraid to move around ...