buy viagra online with bing viagra buy us buy kamagra dubai where to buy cialis in tijuana brand viagra buy on line buy cialis online with a fsa
Connect with us

News

President Buhari, Osinbajo Take 50% Salary Cut

Published

on

  
President Muhammadu Buhari will only receive 50% of the salary paid to his predecessor.

Mr. Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, who disclosed this, said “The President’s decision to take a 50% pay cut was conveyed to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation yesterday by the Permanent Secretary of the State House, Mr. Nebolisa Emodi.

I write to forward the completed IPPIS registration form of Mr. President and to draw your kind attention to Mr. President’s directive that only 50% of his salary be paid to him,” Mr. Emodi wrote in the letter with reference number PRES/81/SGF/17.

“The current annual remuneration of the President of Nigeria as published by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission is N14,058,820.00.

“Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has similarly given up half of his official remuneration.”

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. sniper boy

    July 11, 2015 at 11:00 am

    Wise move

  2. Adeyemi Adedigba

    July 17, 2015 at 10:11 am

    salary is not the issue at hands but you people’s allowances

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

News

Nairobi governor arrested over corruption scandal

Published

on

Nairobi’s controversial governor Mike Sonko has been arrested on suspicion of involvement in a multi-million dollar corruption scandal.

The director of public prosecutions said the investigation had been challenging because of repeated attempts by the accused to obstruct it.

Mr Sonko is known for his love of gold jewelry and clothing.

He has previously described the allegation as a witch-hunt carried out for political reasons.

Continue Reading

News

Atiku Abubakar condemns Sowore’s re-arrest

Published

on

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, has condemned the re-arrest of the convener of #RevolutionNow, Omoyele Sowore and his co-defendant, Adebayo Bakare.

Operatives of the Department of State Service (DSS), had invaded a courtroom at the Federal High Court, Abuja this morning to arrest the duo, a move Atiku calls a rape on the sanctity of the court.

Atiku, also said the action of the DSS is unacceptable, describing the invasion as a desecration of the court and the entire judiciary.

In a statement which he personally signed, Atiku said never in the history of Nigerian democracy has a judge been treated in such a disdainful and brazen attack on not just her person and office, but on the entire judiciary.

The statement said, “Today, I am in extreme anguish of spirit having watched the unfortunate drama that played itself out at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, in which agents of the state not only caused a commotion in court in order to frustrate a judgment of a court of a competent authority.

“This is unacceptable. It is a rape on the sanctity of the court. Nigeria is not a dictatorship. We are a democracy, no matter how inconvenient this fact is to the powers that have forced themselves on us”.

Atiku called for investigation into the invasion with a view to identifying those responsible for the maltreatment meted out to Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu and the desecration of her court, and indeed the Nigerian judiciary.

“They must be sanctioned to the highest extent permissible by our laws”, Atiku said and called on law enforcement agencies in the country to immediately respect not just the court order made by Justice Ojukwu, but the order of any court in Nigeria, on other detainees like Sambo Dasuki, Ibrahim Zakzaky, among others.

“We cannot have a situation where our government is quick to obey foreign court orders and even quicker to disobey domestic court orders. This is symptomatic of a mindset that is servile to foreign powers and brutal to Nigerians.

“Without the rule of law, there can be no rule at all. Power in Nigeria still flows from the people, not from the barrel of a gun. I call on all men and women of goodwill not to keep quiet or sit on the fence at times like this.

“To keep Nigeria democracy is the paramount duty of all concerned stakeholders. Please speak up against this tyranny and side with the Nigerian people”, he added.

Continue Reading

News

Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad

Published

on

By

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) says no fewer than 150 Nigerians were disallowed from travelling out of the country in the last four months in the fight against human trafficking.

Mr Abdullahi Usman, the Comptroller in charge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, made this known to newsmen, while receiving the management of Access Bank at the airport.

According to Usman, those refused departure were within the range age of 16 to 40 years.

“They were sensitised on the reasons for their refusal and most of them were satisfied,” NAN quoted him as saying.

“We told them that if they had gone, it would have been a disaster for them. We also ensure they were profiled at the same venue where the returnees were being kept.

“They witnessed the returnees and it became very clear to them. Most of them were innocent of where they are going to, while some of them knew.

“When we came, we introduced anti-human trafficking to look basically into human tracking issues,” he said.

The comptroller said that no fewer than 58, 000 visas were issued from January to Dec. 5 on arrival to foreigners who arrived through the MMIA in Lagos.

He said that most of the beneficiaries were investors coming into the country.

He said the visa-on-arrival procedure was targeted at investors coming into Nigeria to do business as part of the Ease of Doing Business policy of the Federal Government.

“We have upgraded our visa on arrival from email-based to web-based to improve our services.

“Applicants can now log into the website and fill in their details and also get their approvals directly from there instead of using a third party which was what we were doing before because they have to send a representative here to process it.

“So, the increase in the issuance is to ease procedure and encourage more investors to come into the country to invest,’’ Usman said.

On airport operations, he said that the new Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS), had been installed at the airport.

He said that this was to enable immigration and border officials to process travellers more rapidly and professionally and as well make their border-crossing experience safer and more humane.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 My Celebrity and I