Porto defender, Pepe has sent out warning to Liverpool ahead of both sides’ clash in the Champions League quarter-final first leg tie on Tuesday night.

Pepe warned Jurgen Klopp’s men that his side “are going to do their job” when they tackle Liverpool at Anfield.

The 36-year-old former Real Madrid center-back believes Porto have what it takes to beat the Reds in front of their home fans.

“We know we have a very difficult task, against a strong team [Liverpool] who play in the style of their coach,” Pepe told UEFA.

“But we have to be ourselves, we have to be the same team we have been in this Champions League campaign, a cohesive team that fight for everything, looking for a positive result, looking to score goals – being ourselves.

“We have to respect Liverpool, who are a great team, but we are going to do our job.”

On his part, Liverpool forward, Sadio Mane said: “We have good memories of beating [Porto] by a large margin.

“That was last year. They will be more motivated. That’s normal. “One of the greatest mistakes we could make would be to rely on what happened last year.

“Last year is in the past, so we will try to forget that. They will really want to win. They have an objective just like we do. Let the best team win.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*