buy kamagra online with credit card best gnc male enhancement can i buy viagra otc best place to buy generic viagra online in canada can i buy viagra in store
Connect with us

News

Edo Inland Container Depot Will Generate 13,000 Jobs – C’ttee

Published

on

Mr Charles Akhigbe, Chairman of the State Implementation Committee for the Edo Inland Container Depot (EICD), says the depot on completion would provide employment for about 13,000 persons.

Akhigbe, in an interview on Tuesday in Benin, said the figure would comprise of about 3,000 direct and 10, 000 indirect employment.

He said that this was from the facility study carried out on the depot in 2015 at the depot site in Agbomoba village, near Benin.

Akhigbe disclosed that the depot which would be a dry port, had been fashioned like a Public, Private Partnership project, designed to improve trade and commerce, as well as bring shipping to the doorsteps of industrialists and shippers within the location.

He also said that the project, on completion, would boost real estate business, as well as the State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) by more than 15 per cent.

Akhigbe, whose company, the Atlantique Marine Engineering Services, is also the promoter of the project, told NAN that it was divided into two phases.

According to him, the first phase has capacity to accommodate 15,000 TEUs, that is 15, 000 of 40 feet containers, while the second phase would accommodate 12,000 TEUs, bringing the total capacity of the facility to 27, 000 containers.

He added that in line with the terms of reference given to the committee, the project would be completed between 18 months and two years, saying that work had commenced earnestly at the project site.

The committee chairman also said that most approvals for the various phases of the project had been completed as the National Shippers’ Council had been very supportive and wants the project completed on schedule.

He disclosed that in view of this, the Shippers Council had recently opened a regional council office in the state capital, to fast track its completion.

Continue Reading
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Abdulmumin Fadlullah

    June 13, 2017 at 3:11 pm

    The part that really interest me is d IGR part, That’s a good move & I think every other states should follow suit, coz that’s what we need.

  2. ADEYEMI ADEDIGBA

    June 13, 2017 at 6:29 pm

    I think all the newly elected governors are doing great, for example, this man, Ondo State, Bayelsa State. Good future for the states .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

News

Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad

Published

on

By

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) says no fewer than 150 Nigerians were disallowed from travelling out of the country in the last four months in the fight against human trafficking.

Mr Abdullahi Usman, the Comptroller in charge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, made this known to newsmen, while receiving the management of Access Bank at the airport.

According to Usman, those refused departure were within the range age of 16 to 40 years.

“They were sensitised on the reasons for their refusal and most of them were satisfied,” NAN quoted him as saying.

“We told them that if they had gone, it would have been a disaster for them. We also ensure they were profiled at the same venue where the returnees were being kept.

“They witnessed the returnees and it became very clear to them. Most of them were innocent of where they are going to, while some of them knew.

“When we came, we introduced anti-human trafficking to look basically into human tracking issues,” he said.

The comptroller said that no fewer than 58, 000 visas were issued from January to Dec. 5 on arrival to foreigners who arrived through the MMIA in Lagos.

He said that most of the beneficiaries were investors coming into the country.

He said the visa-on-arrival procedure was targeted at investors coming into Nigeria to do business as part of the Ease of Doing Business policy of the Federal Government.

“We have upgraded our visa on arrival from email-based to web-based to improve our services.

“Applicants can now log into the website and fill in their details and also get their approvals directly from there instead of using a third party which was what we were doing before because they have to send a representative here to process it.

“So, the increase in the issuance is to ease procedure and encourage more investors to come into the country to invest,’’ Usman said.

On airport operations, he said that the new Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS), had been installed at the airport.

He said that this was to enable immigration and border officials to process travellers more rapidly and professionally and as well make their border-crossing experience safer and more humane.

Continue Reading

News

Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year

Published

on

By

Akinwumi A. Adesina

@akin_adesina

I am humbled and greatly honored to be named African of the Year by Forbes Africa.

Continue Reading

News

Nigerian Customs Warns Applicants Over Fake List

Published

on

By

The attention of the Nigeria Customs Service has again been drawn to the unrepentant activities of internet fraudsters despite several scam alerts by NCS.

Recent activities of these elements show criminal ingenuity, presenting fake platforms that appears seemingly genuine to deceive and extort unsuspecting applicants that the Service has released short-listed names for recruitment examination/interview.

For the umpteenth time, NCS wishes to state that these recruitment websites/platforms are fake and should not be patronized.

Members of the public will recall that we denied several similar fake vacancies advertisement with a promise to properly inform the public whenever we are ready. A promise we kept by advertising the vacancies in seven (7) National newspapers.

NCS is again warning against patronage of any release of short-listed candidates with a promise of letting successfully short-listed candidates know through their email addresses and telephone numbers soon.

Additionally, such official release will be news item in all NCS programmes on TV and Radio stations. (Note that the internet fraudsters don’t normally use the TV and Radio).

Accordingly, all applicants are advised to disregard any invitation for recruitment examination/interview and wait patiently for the official release and invitation from the Service, please.

Signed:
DC, Joseph Attah
Public Relations Officer

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 My Celebrity and I