Cristiano Ronaldo was substituted for the second straight game as replacement Paulo Dybala scored the winner against AC Milan to return Juventus to the top of Serie A.
Coach Maurizio Sarri made the change after 55 minutes, with Dybala’s goal moving Juve above Inter Milan.
Ronaldo, 34, has now been substituted as many times in two games as he was during the whole of last season.
Juve struggled at times, with Wojciech Szczesny making several good saves.
Dybala had replaced Ronaldo with eight minutes remaining in Juve’s 2-1 win over Lokomotiv Moscow in the Champions League last Wednesday.
Szczesny was kept busy and forced to make important stops to deny Milan’s Krzysztof Piatek, Lucas Paqueta and Theo Hernandez.
Gonzalo Higuain went close for Juve, and Dybala could have doubled his tally late on in the game.
Juve remain unbeaten, and are one point ahead of Inter, while Milan are in 14th place.
Samuel Peter Knocked-out By Arslanbek Makhmudov
Samuel Peters, former WBC heavyweight champion, was on Saturday, December 7, handed perhaps the quickest defeat of his career by Arslanbek Makhmudov. The 39-year-old boxing star was stopped in Canada by unbeaten heavyweight star Makhmudov with a first round knock-out.
Samuel, known as Nigerian nightmare, was left reeling into the corner after the Russian fighter jabbed him with a big right hand to extend his heavyweight knock-out to ten in ten fights.
Known for his rivalry with the Klitschko brothers, Peters rose into WBC heavyweight championship after beating Oleg Maskaev in six rounds in 2008. He faced Wladimir twice and Vitali once before he was deposed of his championship by Vitali.
Man City Fan Arrested For Alleged Racist Abuse Against Fred Faces Life Ban
Fred and Jesse Lingard both reported the incident after watching Sky Sports video footage inside the Manchester United dressing room.
One man was captured making an alleged monkey gesture towards the pair as they went to take a Manchester United corner midway through the second half.
A Greater Manchester Police (GMP) statement read: ‘A 41-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order (offence) and remains in custody for questioning.’ MailOnline identified the fan arrested as Anthony Burke, an Army veteran who works as a civil engineering manager at Kier Group.
GMP superintendent Chris Hill said: ‘I would like to thank the public for their ongoing support with this incident.
‘Racism of any kind has no place in football or our society and I hope this arrest shows that we are taking this matter extremely seriously. We will continue to work with Manchester City and Manchester United on this incident and will investigate any other lines of enquiries.’
The FA are also investigating and the episode came almost exactly a year after Raheem Sterling alleged he had been racially abused by a Chelsea fan at Stamford Bridge.
City’s chief executive Ferran Soriano sought United director David Gill immediately after the match to stress that the Premier League champions would do everything in their power to take decisive action. United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward did not attend the derby.
There was a confidence at being able to identify any potential perpetrators given anyone purchasing a ticket for games is registered with the club.
City manager Pep Guardiola spent time with Fred — a midfielder he was once keen on signing — in the tunnel area as the two sides began departing the stadium.
‘Unfortunately, we are still in a backward society,’ Fred told ESPN Brazil. ‘We still have to live with that in 2019.
‘I try not to care about that. I try to look ahead. Unfortunately, this is happening in some stadiums. It happened here, it happened in Ukraine with some friends.
‘It’s sad, but we have to keep our heads up and forget about that. We can’t give them any attention because that’s all they want. I spoke to the referee (Anthony Taylor) after the match, they will do something about it and that’s all.
‘Thank God I have a lot of friends in the locker room who hugged me, like Lingard. I don’t want to think about it. I just want to move on.’
Fred was also struck in the head by a lighter from one corner of the Etihad Stadium. Rio Ferdinand was bloodied by a coin at the same end in 2012.
It is believed that objects were hurled at celebrating United players as Marcus Rashford’s penalty gave them a lead before half-time.
Chosen as Saturday’s late kick-off for broadcasting purposes, the derby was fractious all afternoon. Fighting occurred before and after the game.
Sportsmail understands one City fan was ejected amid a heated argument with a member of United staff sitting in the Colin Bell Stand. The employee had enthusiastically celebrated Anthony Martial’s second goal on 29 minutes. Both men were spoken to by security staff.
Meanwhile, Forest Green have launched an investigation and are expecting swift action to be taken by police after their 2-0 home defeat by Scunthorpe was halted because of reports of racist abuse.
Referee John Busby stopped the League One match when he was approached by Scunthorpe’s players who claimed defender Jordan Clarke had been racially abused by one home supporter.
Anthony Joshua Reveals Health Issue Before His First Fight With Ruiz
Unified world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua said a health issue left him “tired” and “drained” in the build-up to his June defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr.
Joshua, 30, reclaimed his world titles in Saudi Arabia on Saturday, dominating the Mexican over 12 rounds.
Conspiracy theories had circulated after his initial defeat, one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight history.
“I had some issue with my health which I was going through for a long time,” Joshua told the 5 Live Boxing podcast.
The Briton added: “I didn’t know what was wrong with me. I felt so tired and drained and thought it must be down to training.
“In the changing room before the fight I got a bucket of ice and was putting my head in it thinking ‘why do I feel so tired?’
“The responsibilities of being world champion are difficult. All that stuff, feeling so tired, dealing with obligations.
“Now I have energy, I haven’t missed a session.”
He added: “After my check-ups it showed what the problem was and this is what you have to get sorted.
“Even in this camp I had an operation done but as I’d started training in June I had no issues.”
Joshua refused to say what the operation was but it is understood the procedure he had was linked to the issue diagnosed after his defeat by Ruiz.
Joshua opens up at last
Joshua had hinted previously that he had something to reveal about what went on before his first career defeat and, after initial hesitation, provided at least some insight to the 5 Live Boxing podcast.
Joshua ’emotional’ after regaining heavyweight world titles
‘With the fear of humiliation came Joshua’s best display’
Theories aired in the interim had ranged form him having shown the effects of being concussed in sparring to having a seizure before the bout at Madison Square Garden.
He now says he feels “back” and “focused”.
The two-time world heavyweight champion also said he learned a valuable lesson not to accept opponents at short notice – Ruiz was drafted in six weeks before their fight after American Jarrell Miller failed three drug tests.
Joshua, who will return to the UK in the early hours of Monday morning with the IBF, WBA and WBO belts, was on the front of Sunday’s Saudi newspapers, alongside Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, who attended his fight.
Despite widespread criticism of staging the bout in a country criticised for its human rights record, Joshua said he would “100%” be happy to return to the kingdom on holiday or to perform.
‘All challengers are welcome’
Joshua is now expected to face either the WBO’s mandatory challenger – currently Ukraine’s Oleksandr Usyk – or the man in the same position with the IBF, Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev.
He said he was no longer interested in calling out WBC champion Deontay Wilder for a historic bout with all four world heavyweight titles on the line.
Chasing a contest with compatriot Tyson Fury was also dismissed as Joshua said he hoped to focus on one “hurdle” at a time.
“Looking so far ahead it can be a blurry vision looking that far out,” Joshua told BBC Sport.
“Sooner or later I will be looking directly at the undisputed championship of the world.
“If the opportunity presents itself I will fight Wilder and Fury. Wilder has a fight with Fury in February. Once that is out of the way they can start mentioning my name.
“I can’t keep on fighting all the champions, the best in the division and then other people who say they want to step up don’t step up.
“All challengers are welcome to take on this current unified champion.”
Joshua said to defend his belts “on home soil would be big news” after promoter Eddie Hearn revealed he had been in discussions over a fight at Tottenham’s new 60,000-capacity stadium, most likely against Pulev.
“It would be mega,” Joshua added. “Looking at how many people came out here shows there is still a big interest in the heavyweight division, especially now we are taking the belts back.
“Sometimes it would be better against a Brit, but if not I follow the mandatories and defend them that way.”
Wole Soyinka Centre Postpones Award To Osinbajo In Protest Against Sowore’s Rearrest
Fans Throw Bottles At Cardi B At Ghanaian Stadium Concert
Shatta Wale Mocks Ghanaian Celebrities After Cardi B ‘Kept Them Waiting’
These ’90s fashion trends are making a comeback in 2017
The final 6 ‘Game of Thrones’ episodes might feel like a full season
Mercy Johnson Shows off Her Cute Baby Girl For The First Time Since Giving Birth
Religion7 days ago
Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi’s Son Confesses About His Salvation
Entertainment6 days ago
Whitney Houston’s secret sadness and life she hid from the public
Events4 weeks ago
Nigerian Celebs Storm One Africa Music Festival Welcome Party In Dubai
Politics6 days ago
Bode George Appeals To Foreign Nations Not To Lend Any Money To Buhari
Events3 weeks ago
Chris Brown, Drake, Lizzo among top winners at the Soul Train Awards 2019…See full list of winners
Events3 weeks ago
Photos from Annie Idibia’s 35th birthday party in Dubai
Events2 weeks ago
2019 Future Awards: Full list of winners
Lifestyle4 days ago
Bankruptcy: Katie Price is almost unrecognizable again… loses drastic weight