WILL MY PHONE GET ANDROID 9 PIE?
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Oppo R15 Pro
- Vivo X21
- OnePlus 6
- Essential PH‑1
That means that every one of these phones should see a full-on update to Android Pie in the very near future. In fact, the Essential PH-1 is seeing its update at the same time the Pixel and Pixel 2 are!
- The Galaxy S9 and S9+ (and any S9 Active that comes in the future) will be updated to Android Pie.
- The Galaxy Note 9 will be updated to Android Pie.
- The Galaxy S8 and S8+, and the Galaxy S8 Active, will be updated to Android Pie.
- The Galaxy Note 8 will be updated to Android Pie.
LG also mentioned some streamlining in the release cycle, which hopefully gives the development teams time to get an update out the door and have it be a good update.
- The LG G7 ThinQ will be updated to Android Pie.
- The LG V30 (including the V30S or whatever models we have seen or will see) will be updated to Android Pie.
- The LG V20 will be updated to Android Pie.
- The LG G6 will see Android Pie.
- The Huawei P10 will be updated to Android Pie.
- The Huawei Mate 10 will be updated to Android Pie.
- The Honor 9 and Honor View 10 series will be updated to Android Pie. I’m hoping, but less confident about the Honor 7X.
- The Huawei Mate 9 will probably be updated to Android Pie, but we’ll see.
These may be the companies we’re most familiar with in the west that sell Android phones, but they aren’t the only companies doing it. Out of the literally hundreds of models available, a few stand out and need mentioning.
- OnePlus will update the 5 and 5T and 3 and 3T.
- Sony’s high-end Xperia like the Zs and Xs from 2017 and 2018 will be updated, but other models probably won’t be.
- I’m not sure how changes in the company will affect HTC, but thinking all their phones as far back as the U11 and UBolt will see an update.
- The BlackBerry KEYone probably won’t be upgraded to Android Pie, but we know the KEY2 will be.
- Now that Nokia has committed to Android One across all of its devices, there’s a good chance many of the more expensive models, like the Nokia 7 and Nokia 8 Sirocco, will join the 7 Plus in Pie-land.
- Someone at XDA will update their Nexus One to Android Pie and I am going to do my best to get Google to send that person a brand new Pixel 3 NotchXL.
Like mentioned earlier, these are just educated guesses at this point. but one thing I know for certain is that no matter what the phone, any updates will feel like they took too long to make it into our hands. That’s just how we’re wired.