buy viagra sildenafil online usa best place to buy generic cialis online forum viagra best buy where to buy kamagra in bali buy cialis 10mg
Connect with us

Crime

2019 Elections: Boko Haram Plans Attack, US Warns Nigeria Citizens

Published

on

The United States of America has warned its citizens in Nigeria to be conscious of threats by members of Boko Haram and ISIS West Africa.

In a statement published on Friday, January 18, 2019, on its official website in Nigeria, the US said the insurgents had threatened to attack public places.

The US said although it did not have information on attacks targeted at the embassy, it advised the citizens to review their movements and keep a low profile.

“There is an increase in ISIS propaganda videos specifically directed to Nigeria and the ongoing civil unrest in Borno State and the North-East.

“ISIS West Africa and Boko Haram have both stated they plan to disrupt the upcoming 2019 presidential elections by conducting attacks on Nigerian security and infrastructure, as well as places of gathering such as markets, hotels, and malls.

“While we have no specific threat information to the U.S. Embassy or within Nigeria during the election season, U.S. citizens in Nigeria should remember to follow personal security precautions on a regular basis.

“Actions to take: Expect additional police and military checkpoints and possible roadblocks throughout the country. Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Nigerian visa, if needed; exercise caution when walking or driving at night; review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability; avoid crowds and demonstrations; be aware of your surroundings; keep a low profile; stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, government facilities, places of worship, tourist locations, and transportation hubs,” the statement said.

The US embassy also advised the citizens to monitor press reports and review their travel advisory for Nigeria.

It gave out contact details of the embassy in Abuja and the consulate in Lagos for further assistance.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Crime

50-year-old Man Jailed For Life For Raping A 19-month-old Baby In South Africa

Published

on

By

A 50-year-old man has been jailed for life for raping a 19-month-old baby girl who required corrective surgery for the injuries she sustained.

Mzingisi James Ntshontshi was jailed for life this week by Port Elizabeth high court judge Irma Schoeman for the rape on August 12, 2018.

The judge described his actions as “abhorrent, wicked and perverse” and said the ordeal had devastating consequences for the toddler.

According to testimony led during the trial, the child’s mother, who worked at a bakery in St Francis Bay, had left her in the care of a woman who shared a house with in Ntshontshi. The female carer, in turn, left the child with the accused, when she went to buy alcohol at about 7am at a nearby shebeen.

Before she could return, the child was found half-clothed, bloody and bruised in the bushes about 100m away from the house by members of the community at about 4pm that day.

Humansdorp hospital’s Dr. LM Mabaso, who examined the toddler, told the court that due to the severity of the injuries, she had immediately consulted with a specialist at Dora Nginza Hospital and the little girl had been rushed to Port Elizabeth for corrective surgery.

A medical report filed before sentencing described the enduring physical and psychological problems affecting the child. Her rapist was also ordered to pay for her corrective surgery from behind prison bars.

The worried mother of the child who sent her daughter away to live with family members after the incident told the court of her guilt.

“After it happened I saw her once because I separated myself from her … when I look at her or when (a relative) sends me a picture of her, then I have the image of when she was raped,” the mother said.

Continue Reading

Crime

19-Year-Old Boy Impregnates His Mother In Asaba, Delta While Testing Love Charm

Published

on

By

Residents of Asaba, Delta State were left bewildered after a 19-year-old boy allegedly impregnated his mother while testing his love charm. According to reports gathered, the boy, popularly called Ekenem had gone to a native doctor, who prepared a love charm for him to use on his mother and one of the matrons in the college where he is a boarding student.

It was gathered that the husband of the woman, who has been away for some time outside his Port Harcourt operational base, denied being responsible for the pregnancy during interrogation. But the victim, the suspect’s mother, while speaking to journalists said: “I did not know how it happened, but all I can say is that a young man who looked like my son suddenly found his way into my room at the wee hours and I was speechless”, adding that the whole exercise had remained inexplicable.

Speaking at the police headquarters to journalists, the suspect said: “I am deeply sorry for all that has happened, I did not mean to do this. I saw myself falling in love with her after the love charm prepared for me. I have to confess because I know by so doing, God will touch her mind and I know she will forgive me.

“I suddenly found that I was making love to mum when I thought the charm will not work, and upon the revelation, I threatened to kill her and the matter was reported to the police”, he said.

DSP Celestina Kalu, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, who confirmed the report, disclosed that the boy was arrested over threat to life.

 

Continue Reading

Crime

50-year-old man jailed for life for raping a 19-month-old baby girl in South Africa

Published

on

A 50-year-old man has been jailed for life for raping a 19-month-old baby girl who required corrective surgery for the injuries she sustained.

Mzingisi James Ntshontshi was jailed for life this week by Port Elizabeth high court judge Irma Schoeman for the rape on August 12, 2018.

The judge described his actions as “abhorrent, wicked and perverse” and said the ordeal had devastating consequences for the toddler.

According to testimony led during the trial, the child’s mother, who worked at a bakery in St Francis Bay, had left her in the care of a woman who shared a house with in Ntshontshi. The female carer, in turn, left the child with the accused, when she went to buy alcohol at about 7am at a nearby shebeen.

Before she could return, the child was found half-clothed, bloody and bruised in the bushes about 100m away from the house by members of the community at about 4pm that day.

Humansdorp hospital’s Dr. LM Mabaso, who examined the toddler, told the court that due to the severity of the injuries, she had immediately consulted with a specialist at Dora Nginza Hospital and the little girl had been rushed to Port Elizabeth for corrective surgery.

A medical report filed before sentencing described the enduring physical and psychological problems affecting the child. Her rapist was also ordered to pay for her corrective surgery from behind prison bars.

The worried mother of the child who sent her daughter away to live with family members after the incident told the court of her guilt.

“After it happened I saw her once because I separated myself from her … when I look at her or when (a relative) sends me a picture of her, then I have the image of when she was raped,” the mother said.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 My Celebrity and I